Nanokote ProGuard - Coloured Anti-Graffiti Coating
Looking to permanently protect your property or concrete infrastructure from graffiti? Nanokote ProGuard™ polysiloxane-polyurethane is a one coat coating developed for application on highly stressed concrete surfaces such as bridges, noise walls and tunnels, shopping centers, supermarkets, high rise buildings and apartments and most other concrete infrastructure. Available in any colour the nano coating exhibits high abrasion resistance, high chemical resistance, permanent anti graffiti coating and self-cleaning functionalities. The anti graffiti paint coating provides excellent long-term protection against erosion and corrosion.
Popular in the USA, Europe and Asia. Nanokote ProGuard can be applied directly to dry or damp concrete in a single coat. Manufactured in Melbourne Australia and protected under a global patent. Being unique nano coating material with no known equivalent in the global market, Nanokote ProGuard is leading the charge in protective anti-graffiti coatings in Mainroads Spec 908.
Nanokote ProGuard anti-graffiti, anti-corrosive and anti-carbonation coating is a modified polysiloxane hybrid for the protection of concrete and has outstanding resistance to corrosion and better weatherability than aliphatic polyurethanes
Download Nanokote ProGuard Anti-Graffiti product flyer here.
Unique characteristics that differentiate ProGuard™ from other coatings
The most important factors in delivering on time and on budget projects is speed of application and minimising time lost due to weather, this is especially critical during winter months.
- Single Coat System (or two coat wet on wet):
ProGuard™ is a single coat system for anti-carbonation and anti-graffiti requiring no priming which allows a single coat to be directly applied to dry or damp concrete. This replaces typical competitor systems of a standard 4-coat system: primer, two separate coats of acrylic (24 hours apart) followed 7 days later by a 2 pack polyurethane topcoat anti-graffiti. Single coat application becomes critical when carrying out works on existing infrastructure necessitating road or lane closures. Reduced losses from toll road closures and reduced ancillary costs of traffic management and access equipment combine to reduce risk and cost to the contractor by up to 75%.
- Damp Environment:
ProGuard™ greatly reduces delays and associated costs from adverse weather. ProGuard™ can be applied directly to damp concrete at temperatures as low as 3° C reducing lost time from rain or environments where morning dew or high humidity cause delays. Typical competitor systems cannot be applied on damp surfaces or at temperatures below 10° C.
- Bond Strength:
Chemical bonding with the concrete creates a bond strength of greater than 7 times that of competitive coating systems. This results in an incredibly durable coating that reduces the likelihood of flaking, peeling or blistering. Extending the period of protection, providing long term downstream benefits for the asset owner.
ProGuard Bond Strength (independently carried out by ARRB Group. Detail of testing is within a separate VicRoads Westgate Fwy Field Report): Cohesive Failure of Concrete >3.77 Mpa pull-off adhesion.
ProGuard is suitable for a variety of applications where concrete is used including heavy infrastructure – tunnels, bridges and safety barriers and civil construction including ports and marine developments, sports stadiums, stations, shopping centres, apartment buildings and car park floors.
Nanokote ProGuard Properties
- Exceptional bond strength with substrates (long durability). While the ProGuard coating has been developed for application direct on to concrete it also bonds very strongly to most other surfaces
- Very high resistance to UV radiation
- Very high resistance to chemicals (acids, bases and solvents)
- Very high resistance to environmental influences (weathering, temperature shock etc)
- Low dirt pick up
- Chemical reactions with surfaces that enable easy application on both new and old surfaces
- ProGuard coatings can be applied by airless spray, roll or brush over existing paint or coatings in a single coat application to provide a non-stick, low friction surface. The ProGuard coating is available in any colour
- Very durable (10 year warranty in external applications)
- One coat process. Fast supply and install times
- Applicable on old and new concrete
- Application on dry or damp concrete
- Application down to 2°C
- Application above 95% R.H
- Applicable on old coatings
- Anti Carbonation coating (barrier to chloride ions, barrier to water ingress, barrier to carbon dioxide, allows water vapour to pass)
- Fire tested
- High scratch hardness
- Very high Abrasion resistance
- Excellent hiding capability
- Non-stick (anti-stick). Very easy to clean
- Stain resistant
- Easily patched
- Bacteria and mould resistant
- Green Product, non toxic: Very low VOC (63 g/L)
- Available in satin or matte and in any colour
- Graffiti easily removed using environmentally friendly, non toxic citric based cleaners
Nanokote ProGuard Applications
- Road tunnels
- Bridges (abutments, piers, parapets)
- Road safety barriers
- Railway tunnels
- Concrete facades
- Concrete pipes (internal and external)
- Concrete walls
- Council buildings
- Engineering structures
- Exposed concrete
- Military buildings
- Retaining walls
- Seaside developments
- Sports stadiums
- Underground structures